From Tony Vahl: “After having the misfortune of listening to Hannity while fueling my vehicle (he ripped some marketing guy who was jobless and looking for work, exhorting him to spend 60-70 hours a week looking for work, and take a job waiting tables if necessary; I felt like saying, “Thanks, dad,” after listening to this out-of-touch Zig Ziglar-style rant), I decided to see if I could find a random book at the library to read.”
Facts for FOXNews’ Sean Hannity:
1) Three weeks ago…someone I know… submitted her resume to 300 job listings from EmployFlorida.com, Monster.com, and Careerbuilders.com. She took my advice to just spam the world and apply to anything and everything (because I know many people that limit themselves in terms of not submitting a resume because of reading too much into the job requirements.) The resume was fine, as is her education background and experience in terms of finding a decent job. The only responses she received back were from commission-based cold call centers selling insurance. The only call she received was from a marketing cult that sells door-to-door securities and insurance policies. It takes months to find something good, and “60-70 hours” is old-school thinking where you check the newspaper for jobs and go door-to-door. To quote Black-Eyed Peas: “You so 2000 and late.”
2) Waiting tables? Sorry, Mr. Sean Hannity- the Chinese restaurant across the street rejected this person and wouldn’t even take her resume. And the middle-class franchises like Chili’s and Olive Garden? They never called back and asked her if she had any “table-waiting experience”. Of course, the answer was no.
3) A good friend of mine who is also unemployed is a 57-year old out of work marketer and salesman. He called me the other day and lamented: “You know back in the day if I was out of work, I’d go to a headhunter, and she’d refer me to get an interview, and I’d get hired. Nowadays, it’s all about who you know that’s already working to try and network you in. I mean, I sent my resume out to every local company in my industry and never received any aknowledgement from them.”
4) NEWSFLASH to Sean Hannity: This is not 1953 when the unemployment rate was 2.9%, and I can walk into Flo’s Diner and get a job on the same day without even filling out a job application.
5) For Sean Hannity to give job seeking advice is laughable. He dropped out of NYU and Adelphi University, and then got his first break at a volunteer college radio station. The rest as they say, is history. His occupation is a radio host, television host, political commentator, and “author”- in other words: he is yet another entertainment whore that doesn’t produce anything in this economy.
Most of his debates and lectures are straight from civics teachers in New York from the 70′s and 80′s: you know, they say they are balanced and have perspective, but they wind up selling that patriotism is great, government regulation sucks, welfare recipients are leaches, our founding fathers were perfect men, protesting Republican presidents is anti-American, with some very idealistic notions of America as a symbol and pure living thing.
Who the hell is Sean Hannity?