Last year, I ran the official DailySkew 2010 Predictions. Let’s see which predictions came true, and which did not.
Damian was correct with the following predictions he described as “guaranteed locks”:
John Cena did win the WWE Championship (twice!)
The Somalia Pirates of Aden continued to hijack ships at sea, as the world made no real attempt to clean up the area.
The 2010 Yankees made the post-season.
There was no World War.
No aliens arrived.
The animal revolution did not occur.
Someone bought the Dream Seeker.
However, Damian’s bold prediction of Lady Gaga falling off the cliff was incorrect.
Now, let’s see Tony Vahl’s bold list:
Mets will not be in the post season [Correct]
- Bobby Cox and the Braves will have a nice run this season [Correct]
- Gas prices will go up [Correct]
- Florida job prospects will continue to suck [Correct]
- Obamacare and Cap/Trade legislation will pass and be signed by President Obama [50%]
- The Democrats will retain control of the House and Senate in the November elections [50%]
- Last Days of Talk Radio [Incorrect]
- RAW will leave a comment [Correct]
- Zane Black will interview Chelsea Richards [Incorrect]
- Last Days of the “Vahl” pseudonym [Okay he's joking now]
- dailyskew.com will be down for two days during the Spring or Summer [Correct. Plus winter.]
- Lots of baseball writers will be picking the Mariners this year to get into the postseason [Correct.]
- Bert Blyleven will be giving a HOF acceptance speech in July [Incorrect.]
- Obama’s popularity rating will improve [Incorrect.]