I was on the fence on Bookworm Adventures Volume 2- not because I doubted the programmers at PopCap Games,(Lex the Worm is my favorite PopCap character) but I was trying to justify the $20 cost, and Bookworm Adventures 1 still has replay value (although Arena mode isn’t as addictive as Adventure Mode).
So I downloaded the free Bookworm 2 demo trial, and I was totally blown away once again by PopCap Games.
Improvements (Or…how could the perfect word game even be improved?)
- Graphics- Sharper animations
- Music- one theme song sounds like it’s from a Jet Li drama
- Additional strategy with gems and the addition of a tag team partner
- Different weapons
- Original monsters
- Cool new mini-word puzzles
- More addictive than cocaine
- Storyline: omniverse and Evil Lex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You can finally replay Adventure mode after you beat it and earn badges
- Price: $20 is kinda tough right now
- Story mode cut-scene animations are weak, even though I know they were going for a certain style
- Difficulty level: Due to my experience with Bookworm Adventures 1 (and its predecessor Bookworm) I averaged over 5 words a hit, and never died in the trial. I am able to horde gems and heal pretty easily. I recall getting my butt WHUMPED in BWA1 when fighting the bosses. I don’t know when BWA2 gets hard yet, or if I’m just good.
Conclusion: Meet the new king of casual games- Bookworm Adventures Volume 2 (BWA2 for all you newbies out there). BWA2 doesn’t reinvent itself, but is FULLY LOADED with humor, fun, style, and is for all ages. Freakin’ genius programming, presentation, and marketing. RATING: 10/10 Save 25% on the the extremely popular Bookworm games.